APP / EXAMTake the next step
LOCATIONS AND TIMES FOR EXAMS
ALTERNATE TEST SITES
TPED now offers a testing option that will allow applicants the opportunity to test at a licensed testing facility in their area. We will also be offering two testing sessions each year, one in the Spring and a second in the Fall.
How will it work?
Start the process by requesting an application packet. Completed application packets will be due by March 15th or September 1st. After the application packet has been approved, applicants will be given a list of approved licensed testing facilities in their area. The applicant will be responsible for completing and submitting an Alternate Test Site form indicating the testing facility of their choice, contact information, and scheduled testing appointment. TPED will work with and provide test materials to the testing facility. The applicant must test during the applicable scheduled testing window for the chosen testing session. These dates will be announced in April and in September. Applicants will be responsible for any testing fees incurred. Testing fees typically range from $30.00 to $40.00.
Our motto remains, “Not just competence…excellence!”
Please start the process to join us soon.
Application Packet Request Form
TEXAS PROFESSIONAL EDUCATIONAL DIAGNOSTICIANS
BOARD OF REGISTRY, Inc.
PO Box 53661
Lubbock, TX 79453
Phone: 806 503-4019
Email Deb Hawkins: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the difference between the TExE and the Board of Registry exam?
The TExE tests what you’ve learned in school and establishes minimum competency. The Registry exam tests the application and practice of what has been learned. It is a level of excellence above that of the TExE.
Why is there a requirement of two years’ experience as a diagnostician?
The exam draws on experience and its scope includes all areas of SBEC Standards for educational diagnosticians such as the following.
- The educational diagnostician understands and applies knowledge of the purpose, philosophy, and legal foundations of evaluation and special education.
- The educational diagnostician understands and applies knowledge of ethical and professional practices, roles, and responsibilities.
- The educational diagnostician develops collaborative relationships with families, educators, the school, the community, outside agencies, and related service personnel.
- The educational diagnostician understands and applies knowledge of student assessment and evaluation, program planning, and instructional decision-making.
- The educational diagnostician knows eligibility criteria and procedures for identifying students with disabilities and determining the presence of an educational need.
- The educational diagnostician selects, administers, and interprets appropriate formal and informal assessments and evaluations.
- The educational diagnostician understands and applies knowledge of ethnic, linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic diversity and the significance of student diversity for evaluation, planning, and instruction.
- The educational diagnostician knows and demonstrates skills necessary for scheduling, time management, and organization.
- The educational diagnostician addresses students’ behavioral and social interaction skills through appropriate assessment, evaluation, planning, and instructional strategies.
- The educational diagnostician knows and understands appropriate curricula and instructional strategies for individual with disabilities.
Why be registered?
- For recognition of professional distinction (looks good on your resume, too)
- To gain opportunity for professional growth
- For enhanced credibility and visibility
- For personal professional fulfillment
- To be at the leading edge of our profession
Our Board Members
Chairperson | Jennifer Vasquez
Vice-Chair/Professional Visibility | Michelle Hall
Secretary | Jacie Vanden Boom
Treasurer | Melissa Politz
Credentials | Dr. Jeanine Risken-Birdwell
Continuing Education | Dr. Stephanie Lee
Legislative | Cynthia Edwards
Administrative Assistant | Debra Hawkins
Email: Deb Hawkins email@example.com
PO Box 53661 Lubbock, Texas 79453-3661